In July we have managed to get a number of individual blog posts out so teaching activity on summer school, publications and conference reports have already been covered. Behind the scenes progress in the lab has continued despite the hot weather:
- Frazer has commenced writing of his Chironomid training data set paper, and analysis of a fossil chironomid record.
- Hayley has been plugging away at the analysis of pollen from Mera, and has got the first of her wood macrofossil samples prepared for thin sectioning (fingers crossed next month we may start to get some identifications on these!).
- Lottie, Natalie and Bryan are keeping their supervisors very busy with reading material as they continue a pace with writing up.
- Phil is setting up the Bosumtwi pollen chemistry project (we now have an offical grant code!) and is settling in; hopefully he should be moved down to MK very soon!
- And Encarni is multi tasking and organising everything as usual 🙂