Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Soil Carbon Cycling
Institute for Biodiversity & Ecosystem Dynamics (IBED)
University of Amsterdam
Deadline: 3 july 2019
IBED is looking for an Earth scientist/ecologist with expertise and interest in soil carbon cycling, in relation to the role of soil microbial communities therein to support ongoing work within the Department of Ecosystem & Landscape Dynamics (ELD). We are particularly looking for a researcher with an international track record with expertise in one, or more, of the following areas:
- Interactions between organic carbon and the mineral soil.
- Microbe-organic C interactions.
- Molecular and computational approaches for analysing soil microbial communities and their functionality.
- Scaling of soil carbon cycling processes from microbe to globe.
- Linking global carbon cycle models and laboratory experiments.
This is one of two positions currently open in Earth Systems Science within ELD. The other position is related to Environmental Chemistry and we will be looking at complimentary between the two appointments.
For further details and information on how to apply click here.
Contact: Franciska de Vries (Prof. Earth Surface Science) or William D. Gosling (Head of ELD)